Keepthinking™ (http://www.keepthinking.co.uk) is an independent digital agency and software developer, based in Central London, with offices in New York and Hong Kong. The company has been built on culture, people and passion and works solely with like-minded organisations, like museums and galleries. We strive to make art and culture accessible, to challenge what is accepted and to push for a better ways of looking at things. We seek the perfect balance between aesthetics, technology and usability in order to improve the quality of people’s online experiences.
Some of the results (many more on our website):
- National Galleries of Scotland http://www.nationalgalleries.org
- British Council Visual Arts http://visualarts.britishcouncil.org
- Museums Sites http://www.museumssites.com
We created, maintain and evolve our own unique Content and Collection Management System (called Qi - www.qi-cms.com).
Joining Keepthinking means getting involved with a team of highly passionate designers, architects and developers, striving for perfection. Every project is a software project, delivered using web technologies on desktop and mobile platforms. The team is young and the office is based in Clerkenwell, which is one of the most active area of London for bars and restaurants - plenty of opportunities to enjoy a good lunch or a drink after work.
Due to a number of new projects in UK, US and Honk Kong, we are now looking for two PHP developers with a strong background in object oriented software, combined with a thorough knowledge of web technologies, including (if possible) MVC frameworks (preferably CodeIgniter). Some linux system administration and Apache SOLR are a definite plus.
This position is based in London (UK) with no telecommuting.
Job Title: Software Developer
Level: Middleweight to senior (at least 3 to 5 years relevant professional experience)
Location: Central London (Clerkenwell)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing Date For Applications: As soon as possible
- Write structured, commented and efficient code
- Good time management skills
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior members of a development team
Essential technical skills
- Commercial experience of OO PHP MVC frameworks (CodeIgniter preferred but not essential as we can cross train)
- Advanced experience with MySQL
- Comfortable with Subversion and some Linux administration
Nice to have technical skills
- Experience with Apache Lucene/SOLR
- Exposure to large databases, content or collection management systems
- Exposure to digital asset management
- Specify and develop new projects and new components
- Maintain, support and enhanced existing projects, including Qi and Museums Sites
- Bright office in Clerkenwell, Central London
- Extended holidays, including between Christmas and New Year
- Challenging and cool projects, always different
- We create our own IP, like Qi and Museums Sites, with tons of R&D
- Free coffee :-)
How to apply. Apply at indeed.co.uk
Important. No agencies please.