What is Europeana Food and Drink
Europeana Food and Drink is a project funded by the European Commission under the CIP ICT Policy Support Programme (ICT PSP) that aims at promoting the wider re-use of the digital resources available through Europeana. Focusing on the rich and vibrant European food and drink culture and heritage, Europeana Food and Drink wishes to engage the general public, creative industries, cultural heritage organisations and the food and drink industries in creating, sharing, learning and making use of food- and drink related content.
The project brings together 28 partners from across 16 European countries and is led by the UK-based Collections Trust. Leading content providers, creative technologists and creative industry partners are working together in order to create an evocative suite of commercial applications and products featuring food- and drink related content catered to specific audiences.
Europeana Food and Drinkwill achieve its objectives by:
- Discovering, preparing, licensing and uploading 50,000 – 70,000 unique high-quality digital assets and their associated metadata to Europeana
- Engaging the general public, retailers and distributors in campaigns and in piloting and crowding activities to encourage them to share and make use of food and drink related content
- Working with creative industry partners to develop a suite of innovative creative and commercial applications
- Enhancing unique ideas via Open Innovation Challenges and extending the Europeana Open Labs network
- Developing and sharing new knowledge, understanding and guidance on successful public/private partnerships focused on digital cultural content.
Keepthinking's role in the project
Keepthinking is the leader of Work Package 3 and coordinate the development of nine commercial applications related to the content provided. The package includes:
- Support commercial potential of digital cultural content
- Formative evaluation
- Identify appropriate business and revenue-sharing models
- Evaluation and recommendations for future development
The applications to be developed are:
- Social game
- Technical R&D Project
- Mobile Application
- Commercial Picture Library
- Exhibition & Virtual Exhibition
- Book & eBook
- Retail sector partnership
- E-learning Platform
- Semantic Demonstrator
Together with relevant project partners, we will research, specify, coordinate and project manage the applications listed, including a final evaluation of their potential commercial impact.
More details will be available soon on the project website.